There are so many “voices” in this world telling our kids they don’t measure up. Behind every young child who believes in him, is a parent who believed in him first. Let’s go on the offensive and help our girls and boys see how truly wonderful they are. Here are some suggestions to get started:
1) I think you’re fantastic!
2) You did a great Job!
3) Thanks for being such a great kid!
4) You make me smile.
5) I appreciate the young man (woman) you are becoming.
6) I like you.
7) Spending time with you reminds me of how special you are.
8) Would you like to go to the store with me? I like it when you come along.
9) You are an interesting person.
10) I like how your mind works.
11) Thanks for being such a hard worker.
Read the rest here: http://matthewljacobson.com/2013/11/18/450/